Beneficial properties of olives
You will not believe how much they benefit your health!
- They reduce high cholesterol levels in your blood.
- They limit blood pressure fluctuations.
- They are an amazing source of dietary fibers, as an alternative to fruits and vegetables.
- It is a great source of vitamin E.
- They act as anti-oxidants and protect the cells.
- They reduce the effects of degenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's, benign and malignant tumors, including varicose veins.
- They help prevent blood clots that could lead to myocardial infarction or deep vein thrombosis.
- They protect cell membranes against diseases, such as cancer.
- They protect against anaemia (iron deficiency)
- They enhance fertility and the reproductive system.
- They play an important role in maintaining a healthy immune system, especially during oxidative stress and chronic viral diseases.
- There is also ample proof that olives are an aphrodisiac!
- They are nutritious and rich in mineral content, such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and iodine.
- They provide essential vitamins and amino-acids.
- They contain oleic acid, which has beneficial properties to protect the heart.
- They contain polyphenols, a natural chemical substance that reduces oxidative stress in the brain. - Thus, eating a daily serving of olives improves memory by 25%.
- A single cup of olives is a great source of iron (4.4 mg).
- Eating olives may reduce the appearance of wrinkles by 20%, since they contain oleic acid, which keeps the skin soft and healthy.
By eating just 10 olives before each meal, you can reduce your appetite by 20%. This is due to the fact that monounsaturated fatty acids contained in olives slow down the digestive process and increase cholecystokinin, a hormone that sends messages of fullness to the brain.
- Moreover, these acids also stimulate the production of adiponectin, a chemical that burns fat for up to five hours after consumption.